Lankayan Island is a small island that is part of the Sugud Islands Marine Conservation Area (SIMCA). It is situated close to the international border between Malaysia and the Philippines, about one-and-a-half hours high-speed boat ride from Sandakan, Sabah.
Thick tropical vegetation grows on its soft island soil, and the white sandy beach meets the crystal-blue waters of the sea. The resort has 23 sea-front chalets that offer the endless panoramic ocean view right outside your doorstep.
Lankayan Island has been designated as an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. It has more than 14 diving spots to explore that are just minutes by boat from the island.
Its gentle and unspoiled waters allows for a rich marine ecosystem to exist, and is gaining recognition as one of the top diving spots in the world.
The whale shark, a giant but non-hostile marine creature, is occasionally spotted in these waters.
Situated within the Sea Turtle Corridor, Lankayan Island is also a nesting place and foraging ground for sea turtles; most commonly Green and Hawksbill Turtle.
Therefore, guests will have a chance to see turtles nesting as well as new hatchlings of baby turtles released to the sea especially in season from June to September.
You can adopt a turtle nest at the turtle sanctuary for a fee. The funds are utilised to further conservation efforts for this gentle creature of the ocean.
• 20% off bookings in July – September 2020
• 6% SST waived until 30 June 2021
•Transfer from Hotel/Sandakan Airport (flight arrival before 09:00 am only) to Sandakan PSR Jetty and return i.e. on Arrival and Departure Day ONLY
•Transfer by boat from Sandakan PSR Jetty to LANKAYAN resort and return (Seat-in-Coach basis)
•Accommodation at LANKAYAN Island Dive Resort on twin-sharing basis.
•Fresh Meals –breakfast, lunch & dinner
•Afternoon snacks –served at the restaurant daily
•Tea/Coffee, cold water and cordial –served throughout the day at the restaurant daily
•Snorkel around the resort –from the shore or LANKAYAN Dive Centre
Diver Package also includes:
•3 guided boat dives daily –except on arrival & departure day
•Tank, weight and weight belt are provided
•Unlimited house reef dive in front of LANKAYAN Dive Centre*
*(Unlimited dive and Night dives are unguided dives, and must be accompanied by buddy)
(1) All prices quoted are in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) and excludes TTx (Tourism Tax)
(2) TTx (Tourism Tax) – RM 10.00 per room per night
(payable to the Royal Malaysian Customs Department) – implemented since 1st Sept 2017)
(LANKAYAN Island Dive Resort is an authorized agent to the Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMCD) to collect Tourism Tax (TTx). This tax will be collected at the resort.
(3) Allocation of room is based on RUN OF HOUSE (ROH) basis.
(choosing of room by room number will not be entertained)
(4) Combining Diver Package (D) and Non-Diver Package (ND) is not allowed.
Divers have to decide between Diver package (D) OR Non-Diver package (ND) throughout their stay.
(5) To purchase the Diver Package (D), one must be a certified/licensed diver.
(6) No pregnant women are allowed by boat to the resort.
(7) Infants (24 months and below) and elderly (80 and above) are not allowed by boat to the resort.
(8) No dive is allowed within 24 hours prior to departure flight time.
(9) Snorkel by boat available at RM 53.00 per person inclusive SST
(Order and pay on site, minimum order at least 2 persons).
(10) Diver guests are encouraged to bring along their own equipment,
otherwise opt for rental from the Dive Centre.